Friday, January 30

A much needed update

Hello everyone and welcome back! I know I know, i havnt been around. But for a good cause. I joined the Utah Army National Guard. I am currently at Fort Gordon in Georgia and am due to finish my training the end of March. And what is my job in the Army you ask? thats right: COMPUTERS! Yes I am learning all about the ins and outs of computers. From configuring routers and servers, to system administration, to gutting computers and putting in new parts and equipment, I have to say, I'm having a blast. I have a hard time with getting in shape, due to hours on end of guild wars and cheezits. But on the the other hand I'm top of my class. So I know how those buff army guru types feel when i'm laggin in a company run and they have to let me catch up, cuz i'm the same way in class. I have to wait for them to... "get it." Needless to say this is the nerd job of the army. You see more combat uniforms signing onto their wow account than doing group physical fitness. More people play magic and DnD than know how to march in formation. Its kinda awesome.

Well while i've been here i've not done much in the way of the nerd. I read lord of the rings. twice... and i play a lot of PSP. OH YEAH!! So i bought a PSP. I LOVE it. At the moment i'm playing Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core. So far its pretty cool. It makes me want to play Final Fantasy 7 again though, thats for sure. *The game mainly focuses around Zack Fair, a 2nd Class SOLDIER, and the events leading up to his destined demise. He meets many of the Final Fantasy VII characters, including Cloud Strife and Aerith Gainsborough, with whom he develops strong bonds. The game's storyline takes the player from the war with the Wutai to the events at Nibelheim, and right up to the time just before the Final Fantasy VII beginning. Some of the missing events or plot holes from Nibelheim and afterwards are explained in the animated feature, Last Order: Final Fantasy VII.

I played through and beat God of War: Chains of Olympis as well. That game was really fun. But WAY to short. I beat it in about 6 hours of gameplay. To read about it go here.

I must take my leave. I'll try to get on more often. I know I'll be seeing the new Underworld movie this weekend, so i'll give my review of that.

I leave you with a quote from one of the greats:

"I got a business doing websites
When my friends need some code who do they call?
I do HTML for them all
Even made a homepage for my dog."
-Weird Al


* - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Core_-Final_Fantasy_VII-

1 comment:

Musicmom-Amy said...

White and Nerdy!!! Love you my baby :D Rememebe, no matter how old you are you will ALWAYS be my baby.